Location: Remote and various locations around Newington Green, London
Type: Contract ending beginning July 2023 and ending December 2023
This role is a vital part of our work at the NGA as it covers all elements of the NGA volunteer experience from recruiting through to support and good partings. Your work will contribute to the success of NGA’s projects, its growth, and its ability to make a meaningful improvement in the lives of the people we serve..
The Volunteering Coordinator role will focus on the development and delivery of effective strategies and actions for recruiting, selection, and onboarding of new volunteers and communication and engagement, development, support, training, recognition and retention of onboard volunteers as well as community-building amongst volunteers.
This role requires strong written communication skills as you will coordinate our volunteer outreach and engagement programme, and will coordinate volunteer recruitment listings and communications to multiple audiences through means that may include email communication, digital newsletters, website posts, and social media.
The successful candidate could also have the opportunity to gain exposure and experience in other areas of the charity, e.g. fundraising, partner relationship management, marketing, and other projects, as time allows.
Main Duties of the Volunteering Coordinator
- Create and support the creation of materials for volunteer recruitment including role descriptions for use in such channels as volunteer listing sites and social media.
- Maintain, update, and modify volunteer recruitment descriptions posted with a variety of volunteer opportunity listing services.
- Handle and coordinate responses to volunteer applications.
- Manage volunteer onboarding.
- Coordinate, arrange, and monitor volunteer training. This will include training common to all NGA volunteers and training specific to individual projects.
- Encourage and collect volunteer feedback and information about satisfaction levels.
- Seek, assess, and ensure that suitable actions are taken in response to volunteer feedback.
- Ensure that action is taken by appropriate NGA leadership when there is volunteer dissatisfaction or when other challenges arise in volunteer situations.
- Organise and participate in volunteer recognition programmes and special events.
- Identify and implement means of enrichment for volunteers that further NGA’s and the volunteers’ goals.
- Organise means for volunteers to connect and promote the development and maintenance of a cohesive community of NGA volunteers.
- Maintain accurate records and provide timely statistical and activity reports on the volunteer programme.
- Managing children/young people and adult safeguarding training as well as other types of relevant volunteer training.
Each criterion is marked with an E for essential or D for desirable
To apply for this role, please send your CV and a substantial covering letter to [email protected]. Your cover letter should detail how your skills, knowledge and experience meet the requirements of this post.
The deadline for applications is rolling but we hope to have a suitable person in place by 3rd July, 2023. Following application, shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an interview. We recommend that you apply at your earliest convenience. We screen applications as they are received as well as interview and appoint suitable candidates on this basis regardless of the closing date.
We particularly encourage and welcome applicants from underrepresented groups and those from the Newington Green area. We recruit based upon equality of opportunity for all and candidates will be selected for interview based on their skills, knowledge and experience.
Do you like this page?