Thank you for your interest in becoming a Youth Group Host!
You can learn more about the role and the requirements, as well as sign up, below.
NGA is looking for volunteers to co-host the weekly Youth Group sessions. The role of the volunteers will be to deliver the programme content during the virtual sessions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Encourage participation and facilitate online discussions during the sessions, working with guest contributors for the themed sessions;
- Deliver (pre-planned) content on various subjects in an interactive and engaging way
- When necessary, work with the other volunteers to create content
- Facilitate ice-breaking activities
- Outside of the sessions, to attend planning and team meetings
- A commitment to the needs of young people and a desire to see them appropriately supported and resourced in order that they can grow and develop to their full potential
- Strong listening and conversational skills
- Ability to stimulate and moderate group discussions
- Trustworthiness, openness and reliability
- Preferred but not essential: previous experience working as part of a Youth Group in a leadership capacity
- Additional advantage: experience in HR/ recruitment or other employment-related spheres
- Experience working with online conferencing platforms like Zoom
- Ability to commit at least 2 hours weekly for at least 6 months.
- Session hours: 1 weekly
- Additional hours to review content, perform necessary administrative tasks and for meetings with other volunteers as and when required
- Commitment to NGA’s Basis and Values and its policies and procedures
- Two personal references
- Be over 18 years old
This role is subject to reference and DBS checks. Due to changes of current Covid-19 restrictions, DBS document verification and inductions may be carried out electronically
As this is a new addition to our virtual offer, participation and engagement levels by our members are unknown.
Training and support available:
As an NGA volunteer you will receive the following:
- A full induction into the NGA work and our values
- Mandatory training in online Safeguarding, Data Protection policies (and other relevant policy modules as necessary) and our Code of Conduct
- Supervision and support from the Volunteer coordinator and NGA’s team.
- Access to NGA’s thriving network of volunteers and our community events
- Reasonable expenses accepted